Externally Fed – DRUM SCREEN
The DRUM SCREEN executes fine micro-screening and is installed upstream of small and medium-sized purification plants. The flow of the suspension for screening meets the surface of the rotary screen perpendicular to the direction of the hole between the bars. While the filtered liquid passes through the holes of the screen and is discharged into a tank under the cylinder, the solids are trapped on the surface of the same screen and are drawn by rolling friction to a spillway blade that diverts them to a special container. The bars of the cylinder are wedge-shaped, permitting the uninterrupted flow of hydraulic pressure and minimizing the risk of solids sticking and causing obstruction.
Most efficient screening technology
Structure & Drum in stainless steel 304 or 316
- Feed chamber with incorporated overflow
- Designed to allow sewage to cover the entire width of the cylinder
- Spillway blade made of wear-resistant material that exerts constant pressure on the cylinder
- Backwash by means of a device installed in the screening cylinder
- Spacing between 0.25 and 6 mm wedge wire or from 1 to 6 mm perforated.
- Worm geared motor and helical gears